- Corporate tax is imposed on the net income received or earned during the income year after adjustment by subtracting 50 percent of federal income taxes.
- State income tax is imposed only on the portion of net income reasonably attributable to the trade or business conducted within the state. Iowa taxes only the portion of total sales that were generated within the state.
- Grants/loan programs
The property tax rate in the Oskaloosa area is currently $14.97533 per $1,000 assessed valuation. Oskaloosa and Mahaska County can allow a partial exemption of the actual value added by a project for a period of ten years through our industrial tax abatement program.
The City of Oskaloosa also allows a partial exemption of property taxes for commercial projects. The percentage of taxes exempted each year under the commercial tax abatement program is as follows:
- Year 1: 70%
- Year 2: 50%
- Year 3: 30%
Finally, the City of Oskaloosa also offers partial exemption of property taxes for residential projects. The percentage of taxes exempted each year under the residential tax abatement program is as follows:
- Year 1: 80%
- Year 2: 65%
- Year 3: 50%
- Year 4: 35%
- Year 5: 25%
Use these resources for additional economic development resources in and around Oskaloosa and the state of Iowa.
- Area 15 Regional Planning Commission
- Iowa Bioprocessing Center
- MidAmerican Energy
- Pathfinders Resource Conservation and Development
- State of Iowa
- Opportunity2 Economic Development in Southeast Iowa
The regional economic development of Southern Iowa, Opportunity2, in collaboration with the region's Manufacturers Consortium has developed an Advanced Manufacturing video that showcases the great employment opportunities available in our region's manufacturing industries.