Pick the Perfect Season to Visit Mahaska County
Blooming flowers and fresh-cut grass are the sights and smells of a springtime visit.
- Play at Old School Pinball & Arcade or try ax-throwing at Ironside Axe Club, both in Penn Central Mall.
- Enjoy a game of soccer with the family at the Mini-Pitch System.
- Try out skateboarding tricks at the Urban Skatepark, right next to the Mini-Pitch.
- Sports fan or card collector? Check out Home Plate Sports Cards.
- Stock up on spring cleaning and home project supplies at Oskaloosa True Value.
Celebrate the summer months with festivals, outdoor fun, and refreshing treats.
- Bike on the 13-mile recreational trail.
- Spend a day at the Southern Iowa Fair.
- Go to the Southern Iowa Speedway races.
- Enjoy a frozen treat at Frosty Udder or SnoBiz in Osky, or Sadie Jane’s in New Sharon.
- Shop the Oskaloosa Vendor & Farmers Market.
- Attend a Thursday Night City Band Concert on the Square in downtown Oskaloosa.
Vibrant leaves and crisp mornings lead to our favorite autumn activities.
- Go down the giant slide, play in the corn pit, and shoot the apple cannon at Autumn Acres.
- Visit Nelson Pioneer Farm & Museum and explore 15 historic buildings.
- Get a pumpkin spice latte at Brickhouse Cafe.
- Go kayaking at Lake Keomah for the best view of Keomah State Park’s fall foliage.
- Explore the historic building markers in downtown Oskaloosa.
‘Tis the season for old-time holiday charm and walking in a winter wonderland.
- Take the family on a horse-drawn wagon ride around the decorated town square.
- Support small by Christmas shopping at local, independent retail stores.
- Warm up with cheeseburger chowder and a cup of hot cocoa at Smokey Row.
- Visit Santa, do kids’ crafts, and shop for Christmas gifts and decorations at Mahaska Drug.
- Don’t miss the Lighted Christmas Parade!
Find us on Facebook!